Our 2017 Post-Holiday Report helps retailers and manufacturers close the book on the previous holiday season, while also providing actionable insights that look forward towards future shopping trends, spending patterns, and platforms.
- Nearly every age demographic maintained or decreased their holiday spending since last year, with one notable exception.
- 57% of shoppers avoided brick-and-mortar stores in order to steer clear of crowds and traffic.
- Only 30% of respondents were even willing or somewhat willing to purchase their top gift choice without a significant discount. Only 20% of Baby Boomers were similarly inclined.
- Year-round shopping is down 10% since last year among all shoppers, meaning that more and more volume is concentrated in the months, weeks, and even days before the holiday.
- Nearly two-thirds (60 percent!) of all respondents did at least of their portion of their shopping via Amazon Prime. Nearly half of Silents (49 percent!) used Amazon Prime.
- Amazon is the most popular purchase destination in each of the three major gift categories: fashion/apparel, toys, and electronics.
- Much, much more!