Our 2018 Cannabis Industry Report isn’t about the industry in isolation, it’s about the way it is already impacting consumers' perceptions of retailers, manufacturers, grocers, and restaurants. To what extent are consumers comfortable with these industries incorporating cannabis into their products and services, what is the best way for these industries to go about it, and how can they do so without alienating a portion of their consumer base? What kind of products do consumers want to see, who do they want to buy them from, and what kind of advertising will be most effective?
These are the types of questions we set out to answer in this first report, which we see as a baseline as we embark on further study
Report highlights include:
- Which types of existing retailers and manufacturers would consumers be comfortable with selling cannabis products?
- What specific cannabis-infused product types would consumers most like to see?
- Which forms of advertising would most appeal to consumers?
- What, beyond legal status, keeps consumers from consuming cannabis products?
- Generational, income, gender, and sexual orientation segmentations
- Much, much more!